Thursday, April 2, 2009

Assignment 2 ( Festive Calendar)

This is my Assignment 2 which do about Festive Calendar. Below is my calendar and the description of my calendar.

This is my final of my assignment 2 look like:



Firstly, the picture of my Christmas tree look like this inside the picture:


Then, I draw a star and make it with blur effects:



Continue by the decorates beside the Christmas tree. The decorates are drew by using the ellipse tool too. Its duplicate and group up together before position it onto the Christmas tree one by one. This is how it is:
After that, I trace the hands and circling it with the yellow ball. The yellow ball is created by using the ellipse tool. Then, I duplicate it into many other balls and arrange it nicely around the hands. This is how my next process look like: Next, I used the square tool to create the presents which position beside the hands. Meanwhile, i used the pen tool to draw the ribbons for the presents. There it is:
Then, the final step is that I colored the background with red and consists of gradient. Besides, I also created a mask clipping to make the calendar fit the size that I want and also insert the dates, months, and the word MERRY CHRISTMAS with white color fonts. This is how it look alike:


Following is the description for my Christmas Calendar:

I had chosen the Christmas as my festival for this calendar and this is why I will do the month of December 2009. Merry Christmas is on 25th of December. In my calendar, I used the Ellipse tool to circle it up. Besides, Merry Christmas should be a happy and pure day that is why I choose the color red for my calendar back ground and the white color font to express the pureness of that day. In addition, I positioned the Christmas tree at the middle of my calendar. I drew it by using the pen tool. The white color lines are chosen because I think every time there is a Christmas; there will be snow no matter where it is. So, I drew the Christmas tree that covered up by snow. Somehow, presents are one of the important characters or objects in Christmas. I located the presents beside the hand is to show that, people gathering around the Christmas tree and exchange their presents. At the same time, they are having fun and enjoying the Christmas festival. Most of the drawing inside the calendar is drawn by using pen tools. The star on top the Christmas tree, I used the blur effect to make it look like it is shining. Meanwhile, the fonts are to match up the style of my calendar. However, I created this calender because I think Christmas is a very happy and unite festival. Besides, i like snow and presents very much. Normally, Christmas is just the same like Chinese New Year which is the day where people gather around, unite, and spend times together with families and friends.



This is the reference of my calender. The below is what i choose for my Christmas Calender.





This is the references that I referred to.

1. This is the first reference. It is the Christmas tree. I took the idea of the white snow on top of the tree and came up with my own idea. I used the snow and change it into continues curve line. That is how my Christmas tree is form.



2. This is the second picture that I refer to.. It about the presents and the decoration of Christmas tree. I used the same concept and apply it into my calender.





2 comments:

  1. where is the reference design that you were suppose to use for your design?

    Dr. Neo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sorry DrKen. I post it but it just came out with errors. So now i just post it.

    ReplyDelete